Pages

Friday, October 24, 2014

Not just for barns anymore

2014 has been a milestone year for me, in the fact that I retired from active employment.  Believe it or not, it has been an easy transition.  I don't miss work and I've been staying busy doing home improvements, such as, fixing up my deck at the back of my house, doing landscaping work and having the best vegetable garden that I have had in years!!

 My tomato plants grew taller than me!!  I've had the time to maintain them through the year.   One of major purchases, since retirement, has been a new garden shed that I will use during the spring, summer and fall periods and during the winter, a storage building for the lawn and pool furniture.

The garden shed is 10x12 and has plenty of room inside to work.  I have a loft for storage, as well as a work bench.

Now, you are probably telling yourself, 'What the heck does this have to do with barn quilts?!'   Well my friends, I couldn't leave it like it was.  The garden shed does look nice, however, it was missing something.  As my website and business cards state, it's 'Not just for barns anymore!'  
I couldn't help myself!!!   I just had to decorate it.  The barn quilt on the left is called 'spinning spools' and the one on the right is 'Christmas star'. 
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment