The quilt pattern that I found on the Internet used the same colors that I used. However, they used a darker purple. Initially, I wasn't thrilled with the pattern. At first I thought it was just a collection of triangles set in a loose type pattern, until I took a closer look. As you look at the pattern, a star appears. How cool was that I thought!
I wanted to make the star a focal point in the block and played around with different colors to make the star stand out more. The more that I played with the design, the less thrilled I was with the outcome. I decided to leave the original colors as they were, but, use a lighter purple. I was happy with the results.
After I took this photo, I happened to hang the board 'On Point' and was amazed, like I did with the Christmas Star, at the subtle change in the pattern. I took two photo's 'On Point' hanging the board in two different positions. As you can see, the opposite corners are slightly different. Each position give the quilt pattern a different look! The next two photo's reveal those differences.
I have to admit that this pattern was fun to do. Although there were only two colors involved, it was very time consuming with a lot of intricate taping between painting. The added time though was well worth the effort.
Now that this one is done, I'm now planning on what to do next. It will be much easier to plan out future designs and colors, because I received the Electric Quilts 7 computer software for Christmas. No more pencil and graph paper!!