Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Going Bat-ty!!!!


For the past week I've been going bat-ty, as you can tell from the photo of my Halloween Pinwheel.  It took me several evenings to complete the painting of the bat's, as well as, the pumpkin's.  I bought a set of halloween themed rubber stamps made by Martha Stewart.  I stamped the impressions of the bat's and the pumpkin's on the barn quilt and then, using them as a templated, painted over them.   All in all, I think that it came out quite well, if I do say so myself!!


The next photo is a closer shot of the bat's and pumpkin's so you can see the detail.  I left the lighter pumpkin color untouched, to give a break to the pattern and not make it look too 'busy'.



I had fun doing this one.  Now, what to do next.  I would like to make a barn quilt for all the holiday's.  So, I guess that the next one I should do, will have a Thanksgiving theme.  I'll start looking for patterns now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment