Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring has arrived!

Spring has arrived in Southern New England.  The temperature has been in the high 70's for the past several days and may reach above 80 by Thursday!  The buds are swelling on the trees and shrubs and the birds are beginning to build their nests.  With perfect weather like this it's hard to stay indoors and not enjoy it.  However, the sacrifice must be made, as there are new barn quilts to create. 

In my last blog I showed you a picture of the Double Star barn quilt that I made for Linda in Illinois.  She also wanted a 1' x 1' Mariner's Compass to be displayed at the front entrance to her home. 


The Mariner's Compass pattern is one of my favorites.  I have made three so far.  One is hanging on the side of my garage and the other, as you can see from the photo, is an old sign plaque that I repainted and made a smaller version of the one hanging on the house.




I am now making anything Mariner's Compass barn quilt for a lady at work.  It will be similar to the one above, except that the red points will be solid red and not the two-toned shown above.
I also have several more orders in the works from several people to make barn quilts for them. 

It looks like it will be a very productive and busy Spring in the basement!  However, I have to make sure that I spend some quality time outdoors and enjoy the Spring weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment