Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012


So far 2012 has been a very productive year with barn quilt making for me.  To date I have completed four and they are now hanging proudly at their new homes.  I just finished my fifth and the best one that I have done to date, in my humble opinion.



The pattern is called 'Carolina Lily' and it is a pattern that I have been looking at for awhile.  This one was made for a good friend of mine named Kathi.  She looked over several barn quilts that I had done in the past, but was unable to select one that she liked, as she liked them all.  She told me to surprise her.  So, here was my chance to do 'Carolina Lily'.  Fitting this pattern on a 12" square board was a bit time consuming.  However, patience persevered and the result is what you see in the photo.  I had taken this door quilt to work with me to show off and was commissioned to make one just like it.  Now, one of my rules is that I will not make two barn quilts exactly alike.  I may rearrange the color pattern, add new colors and change the shading of the same colors.  I do this so that the owner will have a one-of-a-kind barn quilt!
As I said, 2012 is becoming a busy year.  I now have 5 orders for barn quilts in the works.  A 'Carolina Lily' and four Mariner's Compass!!  Of course, I will showcase all of them here on my blog.   

No comments:

Post a Comment