Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

International Flair

Summer has arrived in Connecticut and with it warm weather, sunny days and more time spent outdoors.  However, I've been receiving a steady supply of order's for barn quilts.  It seems that just as I'm finishing up one, I receive an emails from new clients requesting barn quilts.  My time spent working on a barn quilt has been steady, but not over-whelming............at least, not yet!  You may recall a 1x1 door quilt that I made for a co-worker depicting the Puerto Rican Flag and a Shamrock, because her son was half Irish and half Puerto Rican.  Another co-worker has a son who is half Puerto Rican and half British!  She wanted me to do something similar.  I told her that I had seen a barn quilt that honored the to nationalities of their owner's.  Their barn quilt had the two flags, representing their countries, painted on the barn quilt.  I told her that I could do a similar one, however, there would be a lot of red, white and blue's.  She didn't care and told me to go ahead and make one.  This is the result:


This was fairly easy to make.  I copied and pasted an image of the British flag onto Microsoft Word, and then edited it by squeezing the image into a square, to obtain my measurements.  I thought that it came out quite well, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment