Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Almost a look-a-like!!

One of the things that I always try to stress with my clients, is the fact that their barn quilt will be a one-of-kind.  I will NOT make 2 barn quilts exactly the same.  I will change the pattern slightly or I will make subtle changes in colors shades.  My latest effort was a Mariner's Compass that I made for Sally in Sebeka, MN.  She did indicate to me that she wanted a barn quilt, as close to, the one I made for Gail Links in Illinois, shown below:


When you put the two of them next to each other, you can easily pick out the changes that I made:


The orange tones on the compass points are reversed.  The red star points on the first one is a solid red, as compared with a split color tone on the second one.  The orange spears on the first only extend about 6" on the first photo, compared to being stretched to the center edge of the board.  There are other minor changes between the two, to make each one unique.

I keep a photo record of all my barn quilts.  So, if I should get another order for one, like the two above, I will be able to design a pattern and color choices, to make each barn quilt unique.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment