Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Delivery date 'Derailed'!!

Up until this point in time, all of my barn quilts have been delivered to their new owner's without a hitch.  No matter where the barn quilts
were shipped to, they were always delivered on the day that UPS said that they would be delivered.


Photo courtesy of Jeanne Crowell

This Oregon Star barn quilt started out just like all of my barn quilts in the past.  I brought it to my UPS store on Monday, July 16th for shipment.  I was told that it would be delivered on Monday, the 23rd.  As I've done with all of my other shipments, I emailed the new owner and give her the date of arrival and I would provide her with the tracking number.   On Tuesday, the 17th, I checked the tracking and saw that the barn quilt departed Secaucus, NJ.  I checked again on the 18th and 19th, and saw no new info as to it's location.  The tracking site still stated that it had departed Secaucus on the 17th.  I began to wonder how the barn quilt was being shipped!!
I checked the tracking site on the 21st and was shocked to see the following entry: 
Wolf Point, MT  7/20/2012, 8:00am  Train Derailment...............WHAT???????????

I 'googled' Wolf Point, MT train derailment and came up with a newspaper article stating that a BNSF train had collided with a tracker trailer, attempting to cross the tracks, resulting in 20 freight cars derailing!!!!  The article also stated that merchandise, such as, hand bags and cosmetic's were broken open and scattered all over.  Yeah, hand bags, cosmetic's and 1 BARN QUILT!!!!

There were no further updates on the status of the barn quilt.  I emailed the new owner and told her that there was standard insurance on the item and, if need be, I would make her another one.  I then checked UPS Tracking again and say that the barn quilt was rescued from the derailment and it was on it's way to Spokane, WA, with an delivery date to Cove, OR of July 24th.  Hallelujah!!!

As you can see from the photo, the Oregon Star made it without the slightest bit of damage and is now hanging proudly on Jeanne's garage!!!  I must say, this barn quilt looks fantastic!!!!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment